Listen to this blog or subscribe to my podcast

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chocolate Ganache...

Now that I'd a crack at the basic foam cake, I wanted to try out some frosting to make it nice and happy...
All I needed was some chocolate (I took 250gm left over Morde) and some of the thick cream (300gm) to get the goo going ..


So I went out and hunted out Punjab and Sind Dairy (a little Tweeting and some help from Titin did the trick :) ). They sell some amazing, heavy cream.
While the chocolate went for some chop chop...


The cream went into the saucepan for a quick low flame boil...


Just when the cream threatened to boil over, I cut the heat and sloshed in the chocolate shards.


It took a fair bit of stirring as the cream started melting the chocolate...


And voila! The rich (very tempting) pool of chocolate was glinting at me.


I took a cocoa foam cake that I'd baked an hour ahead and sliced it into two. 



I then poured and spread some of the ganache. I did this in stages of pouring and spreading since if I just poured, the ganache (still very warm and liquid) would just soak in...



...and sprinkled some walnut bits to make things interesting


The top slice quickly went on and then it was time to pour (the now solidifying) ganache on top of the cake...



A little tap here and there got the bubbles out as much as possible.


I slapped on some halved almonds to add some visual appeal and also create a 'boundary' for the slices to be cut.


And I was done... 
The entire cake now went into the fridge for an hour for the chocolate to cool and get all gooey. 

No comments: